Citronella essential oil comes from the Cymbopogon Winterianus which is native to Indonesia, where it has been used in insect sprays, soaps, candles, and cleaning agents for thousands of years.
It is a very close relative of Lemongrass and is used in local cuisines.
Our Citronella essential oil is steam-distilled (no chemical involved) from leaves grown in Indonesia. I say grown and not harvested in the wild.
Did you know that Cymbopogon is also known as Lemongrass, Barbed wire grass, Silky heads, Cochin grass, Malabar grass, Oily heads, or Fever grass?
Common Uses of the Citronella Essential Oil
- Most people are familiar with Citronella’s use in repelling insects from Citronella candles.
- Citronella candles sometimes mix in Cedarwood essential oil to round out the scent of the smoke.
- Citronella vapors provide clarity and clear breathing. Topically, Citronella is good for oily skin or helping damaged skin to heal.
- Diffuse, mix with a blend, mix a few drops in a spray bottle with water and spray to exposed skin/clothing, or apply in a 2-5% dilution.
Citronella Java Oil has a well-rounded lemon citrus scent, though it is much softer than actual Lemon. It also has subtle wood tones.
Citronella may irritate sensitive skin. Avoid use during pregnancy.
Citronella Essential Oil Specifications:
- 15ml bottle that’s about 1/2 FLOZ
- Pure quality oil from distillation, no chemical process
- 100% Citronella – no other oil
- Free Shipping
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed